Your Wedding & Coronavirus
With everything that is happening at the moment with Coronavirus I thought I’d write a post to address this issue and try to help couples who have their wedding approaching soon or are having their plans affected by it in any way.
Are your plans or day itself being affected? Are you thinking of cancelling or postponing your Big Day? If yes, you are not alone, every single one of my couples getting married this year (even the ones with Winter 2020 dates) are getting increasingly nervous and stressed about this situation and what to do regarding their Big Day. If your Wedding Day is this Spring at some point over the next 2/3 months there are some steps I would highly recommend you take or consider immediately:
- Firstly contact ALL of your suppliers (incl venue) and ask them if they or any of their staff have visited any highly infected countries within the last 2 weeks or if they have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
- Contact ALL your guests and ask them if they or any of their close family members have visited any highly infected countries within the last 2 weeks or if they have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus (cough, fever, shortness of breath). Also perhaps ask any of your guests who fall into the more vulnerable category if they are still happy to attend.
- If you have any final meetings coming up, consider changing them to calls/video calls instead to limit the risk.
- Look through all your contracts and check cancellation policies just incase, so you know where you stand on this if it comes to it.
- Keep in very close contact with your venue (and caterers if separate) and ask them what new procedures they have in place to deal with this situation and also ask them to ensure on the day that all staff are washing hands regularly as well as suppliers and there is plenty of soap available. For service staff you may also want to request they wear gloves if you feel that may be necessary.
- Also worth considering having hand wipes or sanitiser (if you can find any!!) around entrances to the venue and dotted around the tables/bar etc. If you can’t find any hand sanitiser you could try and make your own for the day, there are various methods online for homemade sanitisers you could try!
Once you have done this hopefully you will be reassured they have all under control and you can relax a bit more about it and just keep yourself as informed as possible. In the light of what is happening I would like to offer advice to anyone who may need it – no charges just want to help! Because at times like this we all need to help and look out for each other and I’d hate to even think that someone’s Big Day may get too stressful or ruined because of what is happening at the moment. If you are worried, stressed or just don’t know what to do about this situation please do feel free to drop me an email or use the contact form here and I am happy to help and offer any advice that I can.
Wishing you all good health & Happy Wedding Days!!